Information: preservative and biocide of vegetable crops
Product number: PPM
Storage conditions: 39ºF / 4º C
Plant Preservation Mixture (PPMTM) is a robust, broad-spectrum biocide formulated for use in plant tissue culture. PPMTM targets bacteria and fungi in plant tissue culture growth media, as well as contaminated tissues. It affects the key enzymes of the Krebs cycle and the electron transport chain. Depending on the dose and the level of contamination, PPM is a biocidal component in the plant growing medium. Furthermore, it can also function as a biostatic compound as a preventive measure. When diluted with plant culture media, it is effective as a microbicide (ie bactericide and fungicide) against non-human health pathogens, components of liquid or semi-solid plant culture media.
PPM is effective for most seedless plants (angiosperms and gymnosperms); however, it is not recommended for use on ferns, mosses, algae, and aquatic plants. Optimization may be required to maximize power. While PPM is an excellent tool in the prevention and elimination of culture contamination, it is not a substitute for aseptic laboratory techniques and adequate air handling systems are recommended.
Physical form: Solution
Appearance: clear, colourless to amber
- Store the vial at 4 ° C.
- Check the label for the expiration date.
- PPM can be added to media prior to sterilization or directly to sterile media prior to dispensing.
- Self-nailing at 1.05 kg / cm2 (15 psi) and 121 ° C for 20 minutes.
- PPM should be added post-autoclaving to protein-containing media, prior to dispensing into culture vessels.
- PPM in final concentration (diluted in medium) is stable at room temperature for up to 1 month.
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling. Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet for safety, handling and disposal instructions.
The instructions listed below are for general use. Optimization may be required.